Road closures around the stadium June 22nd until June 26th, 2022
On Saturday, June 25th and Sunday, June 26th, 2022, the 122nd German Athletics Championships – “The Finals 2022” – will take place in the Olympiastadion Berlin. Already in the days before, there are competitions around the Olympiastadion, which will lead to unavoidable road closures in the area.
The closures do not have any restrictions for visitors to the Olympiastadion Berlin who want to take part in a guided tour and travel by public transport. Please note that the stadium will be closed for sightseeing and tours on both days of the event.
We ask for your understanding.
• all-day closures from Wednesday, June 22nd up to and including Sunday, June 26th
• During this time, drivers please use the Heerstraße as a detour.
• Friday, June 24th: closed between 09:30 – 13:30
• Saturday, June 25th: closed between 07:00 – 12:00
• Sunday, June 26th: closed between 09:00 – 12:00
Olympic Square & East Gate (Olympischer Platz & Osttor)
The Olympic Square (Olympischer Platz) is closed up until and including Sunday, June 26th. The journey to the entrance at the east gate (Osttor) is not possible from Thursday, June 23rd until Sunday, June 26th.
Coubertinplatz & South Gate (Südtor)
• Thursday, June 23rd: closed between 2:00 p.m. and 4:10 p.m
• Friday, June 24th: closed between 2:00 p.m. and 4:10 p.m
• Saturday, June 25th: Arrival by arrangement and if the route is clear between 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., closed from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m
• Sunday, June 26th: Arrival by arrangement and if the route is clear between 09:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., closed from 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m